We’ve noticed a distinct lack of knowledge around this topic, so we’re here to change things around! When homeowners close their eyes and picture a water heater, it’s almost always that great big tank that sits in their basement. Tank water heaters have been the conventional style of water heating for generations, and they’re still one of the most affordable ways of heating water for your home.
If you’re interested in tank water heaters in Champaign, IL, we’re not here to dissuade you. Tank water heaters are still perfect for many homes in our area. However, if you’re not happy with the functionality and efficiency of your tank water heater, we’d like to talk about the new star of the show—the tankless water heater.
Tankless water heaters can heat the water for your home without the need for a big clumsy tank. They’re powerful, efficient, and they could be perfect for your next home upgrade.
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
Tankless water heaters work in a simple, yet effective way. They superheat the water that comes into your home directly from the main water line. This can be done with a gas burner, or with an electrical coil, but it works instantaneously as you turn the handle on your shower or faucet knob. The water in your home then continues to get superheated as it travels through your pipes and into your appliances until you’re finished.
Conventional tank water heaters tend to run out of water once the tank is empty. You’ve probably noticed this before if your family is taking showers one at a time, or if you’re all using the sink at the same time. Eventually, the water will start to cool down and you’ll have run the tank dry.
This doesn’t happen in a tankless water heating system because it will heat water as it enters your home, and it doesn’t rely on a tank full of hot water!
Why Invest in a Tankless System?
Here are a few great reasons to invest in a tankless water heating system if you’re in the market for a new unit:
- Convenience. Tankless water heaters are extremely convenient. It’s nice knowing that you won’t run out of water if you take a few extra minutes in the shower.
- Effectiveness. Tankless water heaters work extremely well, giving you the hot water you’re used to with a higher capacity.
- Efficiency. Tank water heaters are also very efficient since they don’t deal with standby heat loss, the energy waste that comes from keeping a tank full of hot water in your home.
- They don’t take up as much space. Are you tired of seeing a large water tank in your basement? Tankless water heating systems don’t take up nearly as much room, because they don’t require a large tank.
- Low maintenance needs. Since tankless water heating systems come in less contact with water, they don’t need heavy maintenance needs. You’ll still need to schedule professional maintenance once a year, but it won’t be as intense.
If any of these benefits sound good to you, then be sure to call us for tankless water heater installation.