Sump pumps are usually associated with spring in our area because that’s when the snow and ice melt, leading to constant floods which can be devastating for a home. However, we deal with floods on a regular basis throughout the spring, summer, and even in the fall. In fact, the falling debris like leaves and sticks can cause clogs in our storm drainage systems which can lead to periodic flooding in certain areas. This is why we want to talk about installing sump pumps in Champaign, IL throughout the fall.
In truth, sump pumps are protective systems that are great for the whole year. That one winter day where temperatures rise above freezing and the snow quickly turns into flooding waters can be mitigated entirely with the help of a sump pump. And if your basement is just more prone to being flooded, either because of its relative depth or because of abnormal storm and weather patterns, then a sump pump is going to be a huge help.
1. Sump Pumps Work All Year Round
One thing that’s great about a system like this is that it works pretty much all year round. Sump pumps are protective systems that are designed to keep basements from flooding when there’s too much rain or when storm drains get clogged. This type of weather pattern can happen during pretty much any season.
So, if you think your sump pump isn’t as useful this fall as it would be during the winter or spring, then just keep it well-maintained and wait! We think you’ll get good value out of your system at some point.
2. Sump Pumps Protect Your Property
Sump pumps protect your property in three important ways.
- Protect your basement. A sump pump will protect your whole basement from flooding which can be important for your home’s structure and functionality.
- Protect your family heirlooms and furniture. If you store precious heirlooms or antique furniture in your basement, then a sump pump will protect those as well.
- Keep mold out. Constant flooding in the basement can lead to mold growth, which is never good to have in your home. A sump pump stops this from happening entirely.
3. Sump Pumps Are Perfect for Our Climate
Not every climate is the same. In the US there are many climates where homes just wouldn’t benefit from a sump pump. Areas that are high above the ground in the mountains, or places in the desert where they just don’t get much rain at all are all places where sump pumps aren’t as valuable or useful. However, in our neck of the woods, sump pumps are worth the money!
Our climate gets a lot of rain and we’re close enough to sea level where that rain can definitely flood our basements if it’s heavy enough. And due to climate change, there are more rare flooding events occurring on a regular basis than there used to be, so you might get more value from investing in a sump pump now.
Contact Pipeworks Inc. to have your very own sump pump installed!