When you think of the problems caused by a faulty sewer line, you might not think immediately think of poor indoor air quality. A pipe leak is an extremely inconvenient problem that quickly causes significant damage to other home fixtures. If you do have a problem with your sewer line, you need to address it quickly. The repairs might be costly, but the cost of health problems caused by your indoor air quality would be even worse.
The best thing to do for your system is add “sewer cleaning” to your to-do-list to avoid these problems. This simple service will keep your sewer system in good shape. If you need sewer cleaning in Bloomington, IL then you need services from our team. We’re always fast, efficient, and conscientious.
Signs You’ve Got a Leaky Sewer Line
Lots of homeowners have trouble realizing that they’re having sewer line trouble until there’s a putrid smell emitting from their home. Here are some early warning signs:
- Puddles in Your Yard: A leak might cause some unexpected wet spots in your lawn.
- The Grass Is a Little Too Green: The sewage leaking from your line may be gross to you but it’s great to your plants—they use it as fertilizer. If you notice that your landscaping looks especially great out of nowhere don’t chalk it up to your green thumb, make sure you’re not having trouble with your sewer line!
- Cracking Concrete: Not an odd amount of cracking? It might be due to the fact that your sewer line creates pressure that damages the foundation of your home.
- Sound of Running Water: Are you constantly hearing the sound of running water, but you can’t find the source? A leak in your sewer line could be the source.
Problems Caused by A Leaky Sewer Line
If you’re suffering from a sewer line problem, it’s not necessarily the leaks themselves that cause the damage, instead, it’s the mold, asbestos, and mildew that leaks cause that cause the indoor air quality. These problems lead to a wide array of respiratory problems that put your health in danger. Often, these problems include:
- Irritation with your sinuses (throat, nose, and skin)
- Respiratory infections
- Sinus congestion
- Longer colds
- Exacerbated asthma issues
What You Can Do
You can have your sewer cleaned! We have impeccable sewer cleaning services here at Pipeworks Inc. If you’ve noticed that you’re having trouble with backed up drains or toilets in your home, then you need sewer cleaning. It will greatly benefit your system.
Our professionals will come out, determine if your sewer line needs cleaning, find any blockages or obstacles (backups, intrusive tree roots, debris), and then take the necessary steps to clean out your system. These “necessary steps” might include either cleaning with the aid of an auger or hydro jetting. Generally, we try to use hydro jetting because it’s extremely thorough and less invasive than work with an auger.